You’ve invested in the latest CCTV technology and a complete security system that has your business on lockdown. Additionally, you have thoroughly trained your employees in security protocols, and you implicitly trust every one of your workers. However, have you considered the digital side of your security efforts? According to Accenture, digital security breaches have increased by 67% since 2014, and they don’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon. Before you shrug off this digital threat, consider the following eight statistics that should shock you into investing more time and money in a complete cybersecurity strategy.
- Hackers attack every 39 seconds. (University of Maryland)
- Seven in ten breaches were caused by outsiders. (Verizon)
- 62% of businesses experienced phishing and social engineering attacks in 2018. (Cybint Solutions)
- 43% of cyber attacks target small business. (Small Biz Trends)
- 53% of companies found over 1,000 sensitive files open to every employee. (Varonis)
- The average cost of a data breach in 2020 will exceed $150 million. (Juniper)
- 96% of all ransomware targeted medical treatment centers. (SecurityScorecard)
- 60% of small businesses that are victims of a cyber attack go out of business within six months. (US National Cyber Security Alliance)
The previous examples just barely scratch the surface of the increased digital threat to businesses of all sizes. Take the time to assess your operation’s risk and then follow through with a well-thought-out plan. Additionally, double-check your building’s security issues. A 360-degree security strategy will make your company a tough target.